(504) 733-6260 Quick Quote
Ludwig-a pioneer in the metal building industry
  • 1923 – E.B. Ludwig Steel founded by E.B. Ludwig Sr. First building manufactured was a boiler building sitting atop the Hibernia Bank building.
  • 1934 – Ludwig develops open truss arch roof building, which helped revolutionize the metal building industry. Open trusses were used during the great depression because of their competitive design.
  • 1944 – Word War II era. Ludwig provides buildings for Higgins Industries – Higgins manufactured the “Higgins Boat” which was critical for the allies success on D-Day.
  • 1950 – Ludwig ships its first building internationally to Mexico.
  • 1963 – E.B. Ludwig Jr. is named President of the company.
  • 1967 – Ludwig manufactures and ships over 400 pre-engineered structures to Vietnam for the US Government and their war efforts.
  • 1974 – Ludwig expands its operation to a 10 acre site in Harahan, Louisiana where it is still headquartered today.
  • 1987 – E.B. Ludwig III is named President of Ludwig Buildings.
  • 1988 – Ludwig acquires its first standing seam panel line.
  • 1995 – Ludwig becomes a member of the MBMA and AISC Certified.
  • 2006 – Ludwig capitalizes on the oil boom in the United States and becomes a major building provider for the oil and gas industry.